The basics of goodness and greatness.
There is a definitive difference between a good man and a great man. A good man does the basics of what is required. A great man goes somewhat above expectations.
With that in mind, here are what most modern women consider good and great qualities in a man.
1. Spend time with their children and significant other (the time available is based on his work schedule)
2. Provides for the basic needs of his children
(#1 and #2 are usually relevant to each other, but in most cases, a good man is able to fulfill both equivalently)
3. Obviously does not physically or emotionally abuse anyone (children, significant other or family members - unless a family member is putting his household at risk)
4. Handles himself professionally at work and maintains employment.
(if he frequently quits jobs and always says there's a problem with the job or supervisor, he needs to understand that EVERYBODY has somethings to deal with at work that they don't like. As a good man he must set aside his personal feelings in his pursuit of an income. Unless he is in physical danger, being unemployed or constantly moving from job to job is NOT acceptable)
These 4 basic requirements allow a man to maintain a home and the safety of his children and significant other. Anything additional and he can be considered among the great ones.
1. Do all of the things mentioned for a good man.
2. Seeks to advance himself, his children, and significant other's standing in life and their dreams.
3. Works actively with his partner to make life easier and as comfortable as possible for all involved.
4. Handles disputes directly and in a timely manner.
5. Respects commitments so much so that he will handle any challenges or disputes in a manner that seeks to MAINTAIN the relationship. Seeking solutions and resolutions to issues and concern.
6. Wants his partner sexually satisfied and has fun making sure she's happy.
7. Seeks to relieve his partner's stress and responds in a helpful manner when it's obvious something is negatively her.
8. Any other actions or habits that create happiness, success, and the advancement of the family or couple.
As I wrote this list, I realized, the same items apply to women. If a woman is good, she will attend to the "good" items, and if she is great, she will do all 8 of the great items, just like the man should.
Now the question is: do you understand how to properly assess your partner's ability to do the following? Are you being fair?
Let's talk about it ! :-)
Author: Jessica Bordelon
Passionate, powerful, & gentle, she is an artist that captures the strength , power & energy of femininity in its purest form.